Ridge Vents for Attics
The right roof can protect your home and extend its lifespan. But did you know that having proper attic ventilation ridge vents can also make a difference in your roof’s longevity? If you’ve never considered attic ventilation or aren’t sure if your roof has it, now may be the right time to consider adding ridge vents to your home in North Carolina.
What Are Attic Ventilation Ridge Vents?
Attic ridge vents are exhaust vents added to the peak of your roof. They offer exhaust ventilation at the top of your attic, where warm and sometimes damp air can gather. Air needs to circulate to avoid harmful moisture buildup and other damaging natural occurrences. Vents push the gathered air outside, boosting your home’s energy efficiency and extending the life of your roof.
One great advantage to ridge vents is that they work self-sufficiently and don’t use up any energy. We can install special shingles on top of a ridge vent to improve your roof’s appearance and also protect the vent.
Additional advantages of installing advanced ridge vents in NC attics include:
- Lessening the likelihood of rot in the roof deck or attic.
- Guarding against premature deterioration of the roof caused by heat or moisture.
- Decreasing the chance of mold growth.
- Keeping the things you store in your attic free of mildew.
- Preventing ice damming when temperatures drop.
- Reducing excessive heat in the attic, which improves energy efficiency in your home.
Why Is Cobra Snow Country Exhaust Vent for Roof Ridge the Best Choice?
Scro’s Roofing Company can install Cobra Snow Country Exhaust Vents, the best pick for homeowners who want to protect their roofs with attic ventilation ridge vents. These premium vents offer several other benefits for your home, including:
- Efficiency: The ridge is the logical place for heat and condensation to leave.
- Insect resistance: Louver spacing prevents insects from getting into your home.
- Snow guard filter: When North Carolina weather turns harsh, this filter stops snow from leaking into your attic.
- Water resistance: The product has passed the wind-driven rain test at 110 mph.
- Appearance: The shingle-over design looks natural in your roof’s ridge line.
Call Scro’s Roofing Company Today
Investing in ridge vents for your attic could give you savings and peace of mind that you’re getting the best protection for your home. Are you interested in learning more about our attic ventilation ridge vents and other professional services? Call us at 919-551-5104 or contact us online today.
Last Updated: 12/22/2021