The Benefits of Asphalt Shingles
Did you know that the most common type of roofing material in the United States is fiberglass-based asphalt shingles? These shingles have many advantages that make them the best choice for many homeowners, including our clients in North Carolina.
What Are Asphalt Shingles?
The fiberglass-based asphalt shingles we use at Scro’s Roofing Company feature a fiberglass base mat that provides a durable yet lightweight first layer. These tiles consist of waterproof asphalt overlaid with ceramic granules, which prevents UV ray damage. Fiberglass base mats are environmentally friendly and fire-resistant.
While wood shingles look beautiful, they’re less popular than asphalt as wood’s long-term exposure to rain can decrease its effectiveness. In contrast, asphalt shingles will maintain their shape and function, continuing to protect your home long after installation.
Why Are Asphalt Shingles a Beneficial Choice for Roofing?
The popularity of asphalt shingles speaks to their reliability. You want a roof that remains durable, no matter the time of year or how long you’ve had the roof. Putting asphalt shingles on your roof is a wise choice. The advantages of asphalt include:
- Easy installation: When you employ a qualified roofing installation company like Scro’s Roofing, the process is easy and quick.
- Longevity: Asphalt shingles can last anywhere from two to five decades, giving them an edge over wood shingles that last half as long.
- Affordability: With reasonable price points and long-term value, asphalt shingles are within reach of just about any budget.
- Eco-friendliness: You can recycle asphalt shingles in some locations.
- Versatility: We offer a wide range of color and style options for asphalt shingles.
We Offer Outstanding Asphalt Shingles Installation in NC
Since 1995, Scro’s Roofing Company has offered exceptional roofing services to residents of Clayton, NC, and surrounding areas, including asphalt shingle installation. Our team has extensive experience with this type of roofing material because of its popularity and value. We use proven techniques to install shingles efficiently and effectively, ensuring they stay in place for years to come.
We can assist homeowners as well as businesses. Customers appreciate our expertise and attention to detail. When we work for you, we’ll show up on time and treat your property with the respect it deserves.
When we finish the job, you’ll appreciate how your home or business looks with your new shingles. Are you ready to get started? Call us today at 919-551-5104 or contact us online to discuss what you need.
Last Updated: 12/22/2021