Garden “Green” Roofing System
Are you ready to improve your long-term house costs and reduce your footprint with an eco-friendly roofing system? Consider green roofing services from Scro’s Roofing Company. Garden roofing systems are durable and efficient roof solutions designed to enhance your home’s safety measures. Depending on your home’s needs, a green roof could be just what your structure needs to maintain efficiency.
What Are Garden/Green Roofs?
A green roof is a type of roofing system that’s flat or slightly sloped, consisting of a water-resistant bottom layer and vegetation layer on top. It’s often used by homeowners who want to increase their structure’s value and contribute to a healthier environment.
Green and garden roofs typically fall under one of three options — extensive, semi-intensive and intensive. Extensive garden roofs are smaller and require little maintenance, usually consisting of grass and durable plants. Intensive garden roofs contain more plant life diversity and tend to require additional maintenance to stay in good condition. Meanwhile, semi-intensive garden roofs fall somewhere in the middle of the first two options.
Residential Buildings Can Benefit From Garden Roofs
Green roofing systems are efficient. While they’re a slightly bigger upfront investment than other roofing options, they offer a wide range of comparable long-term gains. With green roof benefits, you can:
- Increase your home’s value. Garden roof systems add visual appeal to your home while extending the structure’s service life. This may have a positive effect on your home’s value over time.
- Reduce flame risks. Because garden roofs tend to hold in moisture, they are less likely to catch on fire. This additional safety measure can protect your home from flame risk.
- Decrease maintenance. By choosing the right layer type and vegetation for your situation, you can reduce home maintenance and costs.
- Lower energy costs. Plant life on your roof helps control the amount of sunlight that enters your home, which leads to reduced heating and cooling costs in the long run.
- Manage water levels. When water from rainfall hits your garden roof, it takes longer to travel into the sewage drains. You can use this to manage water levels and reduce flood risks.
Work With Scro’s Roofing Company in North Carolina
If you’re looking for a roofing business in your area that can cater to your home’s needs, Scro’s Roofing Company can provide the necessary support. Our experts have been serving the industry since 1995, and we’re proud to continue working by your side when you need roof services.
We commonly operate in Raleigh, North Carolina, and the surrounding areas to install roofing systems for residential and commercial clients. If your garden green roofing system needs an inspection, replacement or repair, we can fulfill your quest as quickly as possible.
Contact Us for Green Roofing Services
A healthy layer of vegetation over your roof can provide many financial and productivity benefits to your home. We’ll install a reliable system that keeps your home safe and comfortable all year round. For more details about our green roofing services and system options, contact us online or request an estimate today.