Seamless Aluminum Gutter Installation in Raleigh, North Carolina
Work With One of the Premier Gutter Companies in Raleigh & The Triangle!
Every house needs high-quality gutters and downspouts, because without effective roof drainage, runoff will be dumped right next to the foundation. This substantial water flow can damage plants, decks, patios and exterior siding while also causing erosion. Inside the house, the basement can flood.
Gutters need to provide effective drainage, but they also need to look attractive. Their prominent position on your home’s exterior means they can be noticed by everyone who drives by, so if you want beautiful gutters that will meet your needs and budget, reach out to Scro's Roofing Company.
Seamless aluminum gutters are an affordable solution for most gutter replacement needs. Less expensive than other types, aluminum gutters are custom-fabricated to fit your house. Different sizes, styles and colors are available.
Low-Maintenance Gutters Installed by Experts
Many homeowners elect to replace gutters and downspouts when a house is re-roofed. There are many benefits to this choice, including the need to hire a contractor and schedule an installation only once instead of twice. A gutter replacement job can be done concurrently with a roof replacement or with only a small amount of time added to the project.
If you’ve noticed areas where gutters are leaking, dented or otherwise in bad repair, or if they routinely overflow with water, installation of new gutters is often the best choice. If your roof has been diagnosed with storm damage, it’s likely that your gutters were also damaged. This means the cost of replacement of both systems can be combined in an insurance claim.
Scro's Roofing Company offers deep insurance claims expertise and is ready to help you evaluate your gutters and determine if they can be included in a claim for storm damage.
We Install Seamless Aluminum Gutters in Any Length
The term “seamless” explains the major advantage with this type of gutter: it can be custom-made to any length required, eliminating the need for seams. The magic of making seamless gutters occurs inside a gutter machine. The flat aluminum sheet that enters one end of the machine comes out the opposite end formed into the finished gutter profile. The most popular profile for seamless gutters is a “K” style gutter with a curved front edge for a more stylish appearance.
Contact Scro's Roofing Company today for a free estimate on seamless aluminum gutter installation throughout Raleigh and the Triangle!
Installing Seamless Aluminum Gutters & Downspouts
Gutter companies manufacture these attractive and highly functional gutters using the four-step process described below. Scro’s Roofing Company installs seamless gutters that can be custom-made to any length required.
- From flat to formed. This K-profile gutter starts out as a flat sheet of aluminum. The gutter machine forms the profile, enabling the crew to create seamless gutters of any length. After the machine trims the gutter to the required length, workers attach end caps, then crimp and seal the caps to make the gutter watertight.
- Brackets add strength. These cross braces are installed every 36 inches or so to stiffen the gutter. The brackets also provide attachment points for screwing the gutter to the fascia board during gutter installation.
- Fastened to the fascia. Driving a screw through each gutter bracket and into the fascia board anchors the gutter in place. Each gutter section is pitched so that water can drain toward the drop outlet for the downspout.
- Down the drain. Downspouts are assembled from elbows and straight sections, then screwed to the gutter drop outlets and to the wall of the house.
Seamless Aluminum Gutters Offer Excellent Value
There are a number of reasons why many homeowners choose seamless aluminum gutters over other types of gutters. Consider the following advantages:
- Durable, factory-applied finish. Aluminum gutters come with a factory-applied finish that is available in a wide variety of colors to match your home and/or roof. The finish won’t wear off or require maintenance unless you have to touch up scratched areas. If you tire of the color of the gutters or change the color of your exterior, aluminum gutters can even be repainted.
- No rust or corrosion. Although steel gutters are more durable than aluminum, they are also very heavy. Once leaves and debris start to build up in steel gutters, they can start to rust and corrode. Aluminum won’t rust or corrode; it’s truly a no-maintenance material.
- Speedy installation. Aluminum gutters are lightweight (which also means they tend to sag less) and easy to install. Gutter companies with a skilled crew can usually complete a seamless gutter installation on an average-size house in a single day, as long as the fascia boards along the eaves are in good condition.
Most affordable gutter option. Seamless aluminum gutters cost less than other types of metal gutters, including steel and copper. While the cost of gutters may seem unnecessary, a home without a proper drainage system can suffer much more costly expenses related to water damage.